I’m compiling a list of junk that Erick and I run across that make us crazy. In some particular order, and warning: profanity follows…
- Western Digital MyBooks
- Maxtor drives
- Backup software not backing up
- Backup software not backing up because your stupid MyBook keeps unmounting itself
- Best Buy’s crappy prices and inventory
- That Best Buy sucks so bad we actually miss CompUSA
- Circuit City
- The disturbing lack of a Fry’s Electronics store in San Antonio
- Yahoo not offering IMAP access to mail clients besides the iPhone
- Configuring email on a Blackberry
- Dell printers
- Gas prices
- Ill-informed AppleCare reps
- Tech-support phone monkeys who don’t listen, who assume they’re dealing with ignoramuses, and who keep insisting that you need to archive and install
- No CalDAV support on iPhone
- Best Buy’s upping the price on DSL modems — Fuckers!
- Having to buy a modem at Best Buy because the know-nothing, knee-biting AT&T rep installed a crappy 2Wire wireless router even though the client had a router sitting right there.
- AT&T’s damn DSL setup CD, which a client unsuspectingly inserted in their server, only to have it change the server’s network settings and screw up their whole operation.
- Lack of copy-paste on the iPhone
- Black iPhones shipping with white accessories
- Entourage (though admittedly less so these days, but don’t tell Microsoft I said so)
- Windows Windows Windows
- Windows Me
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Microsoft Small Business Server
- Mac OS X Server (yeah, it’s on the list of Things We Dig, too)
- Printer/scanner manufacturers with poor driver rollouts for OS X
- Stupid fucking Jar Jar (I just had to)
To be continued…
3 thoughts on “Things that bug us”
How about a thrid list: “Things we love *and* hate?
This kind of regular commentary is great! I love it and its informative/useful! Keep it up!
p.s. Do you read Daring Fireball? http://daringfireball.net/ I think you do… Similar cognitive processing…
Thanks much! I loves me some DF. Gruber is so on-target. The podcast MacBreak Weekly (http://twit.tv/mbw) filters some of Gruber’s commentary to me when I don’t get to read him.
So mote it be! http://j2mac.com/2008/09/15/things-we-love-and-hate/