These are direct as I can make ’em. Click on the links, and in most cases, the software will start downloading.
- Firefox 7
- Google Earth and Google Chrome
- Flip4Mac and Silverlight (To play Windows Media files — this is just the latest version, but I’ll try to keep it updated. The company’s download site is here.)
- Perian (To play everything else. Same note as for Flip4Mac; download site here.)
- OpenOffice (direct link to download) – I want to encourage everyone to start thinking about editing docs online, but if you need an Office suite, this is as good as Microsoft’s.
- SMARTreporter – get notified if one of your hard drives is going to fail. Of course, even if it does, you’re fine, because you’re backing up every day, right? (Note: I don’t always do this one any longer.)
I also have a list of my favorite OS X tweaks here.